This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
It’s egg season! After taking the winter off, my chickens are now working overtime on egg production. For us, this means egg dishes for almost every meal! While we do love the standard fried eggs for breakfast, creativity keeps eggs from becoming mundane.
The nutrition in an egg is hard to beat! One egg has only 75 calories but 7 grams of high-quality protein, 5 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of saturated fat, along with iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. (Source) For many years, we were advised to limit our consumption of eggs, or at least the yolks, but new research shows there may be little correlation between eggs and coronary artery disease. (Source)
And even if you don’t have your own ready supply of eggs from backyard birds, they are still an economical source of protein. The average price for a dozen eggs in March of 2021 was $1.63—less than 15¢ an egg!
20 Egg Dishes Your Whole Family Will Love
- Grain-Free Clafouti
- Artichoke Feta Breakfast Casserole
- Creamed Spinach Egg Bake
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Quesadilla
- Farmer’s Market Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Eggs in broth: heat broth and then poach eggs in broth to your desired doneness. Yum!
- Coconut Flour Bread (uses 6 eggs per loaf!)
Side Dishes & Appetizers
- Sprouted Pea Egg Foo Yung
- Eggs in Marinara
- Curry Lo Mein
- Main Dish Salad (use hard-boiled eggs in place of meat)
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Egg Flower Soup
- Healthy Skillet Dishes (great for using up odds and ends of veggies, grains, meats, etc.)
- Loaded Southwest Scrambled Eggs
- Ratatouille Frittata
Learn How to Make Egg Dishes from Scratch with Ingredients You Have on Hand
Design a Dish will teach you how to make wonderful, simple dishes you can prepare day in and day out. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to nourish your family with these tasty dishes!
Inside Design a Dish, you’ll discover:
- How to drastically reduce food waste and lower your grocery bill
- How cooking with formulas, instead of recipes, will help you design dishes with ingredients that are abundant to you
- Simple methods for cooking nutritional meals from scratch that the whole family will love
- And much, much more!
Design a Dish is packed full of affordable, easy-to-follow cooking formulas and recipes. If you’re looking for a way to feed your family a healthy, real food diet on a small budget, this book is for you.