This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
Budget-friendly, low in calories, yet high in nutrition—you’ll love this collection of lentil recipes! Lentils are my favorite, most versatile legume. The unassuming little gem can be transformed into a variety of tasty dishes with the addition of simple spices or by changing your preparation method. Lentils also make a fabulous addition to your pantry and food storage. Especially when you have a variety of lentil recipes on hand!
Lentils are a pulse or legume, a type of seed that grows in a pod, and is often called a bean. Lentils are an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, and folate. There are many types of lentils, but I tend to concentrate on brown lentils—the least expensive and most available option in my area.
When properly cooked or sprouted, brown lentils hold their texture well and make a passable substitution for beef. Red lentils are a faster cooking variety but tend to fall apart easily. Green or French lentils have a wonderful nutty flavor and hold up well when cooking. Many people prefer these for salads.
Lentils are not only terrific when cooked, and take little time compared to hard beans, but they’re also fabulous sprouted. If you’re new to lentils, give them a try! You just may love them as much as I do.
20 Lentil Recipes Your Whole Family Will Love
- Peasant Lentil and Kale Soup
- Curried Red Lentil and Pumpkin Soup
- Lentil and Sausage Stew
- THM Blended Red Lentil Soup
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup
- 30-Minute Instant Pot Green Lentil Chili
- Garam Masala Lentil or Yellow Split Pea Soup With Coconut Milk
- Lentil and Vegetable Soup with Dumplings
- Lentil Sprout Salad
- Lentil Slaw
- Marinated Lentil Salad
- Tangy Lentil Salad with Dill & Pepperoncini
- Greek Lentil Salad
- Sprouted Lentil Patties
- Quinoa Enchilada Baked Eggs
- Sprouted Lentil Tacos
- Sprouted Lentil Burgers
- Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils with Spinach
- Sweet and Sour Lentils
Want to Learn How to Make More Bean Recipes?
Stretchy Beans: Nutritious & Economical Meals the Easy Way
Do you struggle with feeding your family delicious, healthy meals? Are you tired of trying to figure out what’s for dinner each night? Do you cringe when you see how much money your family spends on groceries each month?
If so, Stretchy Beans is the solution you’ve been looking for! Learn how to easily prepare dinners that the whole family will love—while staying on budget, spending less time in the kitchen, and not losing your sanity.
Inside Stretchy Beans: Nutritious, Economical Meals the Easy Way, you’ll discover:
- How to cook healthy, affordable beans with amazing flavors
- How to make one pot of beans each week and turn it into 3+ delicious meals the whole family loves—without feeling like you’re eating the same thing every night
- How to spend less time in the kitchen, while still getting dinner on the table every night
- Weekly Stretchy Beans meal plans that you can adapt to fit your family
- And much, much more!
Stretchy Beans: Nutritious, Economical Meals the Easy Way is packed full of affordable, easy-to-follow, healthy recipes for the whole family. If you’re looking for a way to feed your family a delicious, real food diet, then this book is for you.
Get your copy of Stretchy Beans here, and learn how to change the way you cook dinners—for good!