This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
When I was young and living in Colorado, we’d harvest wild-growing asparagus from the ditch banks during early spring. Harvested fresh and quickly, then brought in and prepared, I was convinced there wasn’t a tastier vegetable around. Even now, it’s one of my favorite veggies, and I love experimenting with new asparagus recipes.
As a child, I only remember eating asparagus well-boiled and slathered in mayonnaise. I’ll admit, I still like topping my spears with (homemade) mayo, but I tend to steam them only until crisp-tender. And that’s not all! During asparagus season, I look forward to testing new dishes and enjoying the vegetable on a regular basis.
Unfortunately, I haven’t found any wild-growing asparagus near my Wyoming home, and our garden asparagus has yet to produce. But when it reaches rock-bottom prices in the store, I’m all over it!
Asparagus is low in calories, a good source of fiber, and loaded with vitamins, minerals (especially folate and vitamins A, C, and K), and antioxidants. When preparing asparagus, break the ends off instead of cutting them. That’s the best way to ensure you’re removing all the fibrous woody bits while still leaving the delicious, tender shoots.
20 Mouthwatering Asparagus Recipes
Asparagus Recipes for Breakfast
- Marinated Asparagus & a 5-Minute Egg
- Keto Breakfast Casserole With Asparagus (THM:S & Low Carb Egg Bake)
- Asparagus Breakfast Wraps
- Roasted Asparagus
- Lemon Cream Asparagus
- Lemon Garlic Asparagus Pasta
- Roasted Asparagus & Tomatoes
- Spring Pea & Asparagus Risotto
- Instant Pot Lemon-Dill Salmon & Asparagus
- Salmon Cakes with Homemade Lemon Mayonnaise & Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Salmon, Asparagus, and Potatoes
Asparagus Soup & Salad Recipes
- How to Freeze Asparagus
- Canning Asparagus
- Canning Pickled Asparagus
- Dehydrate Asparagus
- Probiotic-Rich Asparagus Pickles (Fermented Asparagus!)
- Lacto-Fermented Asparagus with Ginger
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
- 35 Hot & Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Stretchy Rice: What Is It? + Delicious Rice Recipes
- Delicious Sunday Supper Ideas
- 35 Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
- 20 Egg Dishes Your Whole Family Will Love