This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclosure for more information.
Garbanzo Beans and Sprouted Wheat
- 3/4 pounds stew meat your choice of lamb, antelope, venison, beef, or goat
- 1 onion chopped
- sea salt pepper to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sprouted wheat see how to sprout wheat*
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- Put stew meat in saucepan and cover with water.
- Add onions, salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 45 to one hour until tender.
- In a cast iron skillet gently melt the butter.
- Add the sprouted wheat and lightly toast.
- Add the garbanzo beans and toasted sprouts to the lamb.
- If using dried mint add now. Simmer for 10 minutes or so to allow the flavors to meld.
- If using fresh mint add at the end of cooking time.
- Serve topped with yogurt.