This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclosure for more information.
Looking for a quick and delicious breakfast? You’ll love these healthy oatmeal recipes. I love starting my day with a steaming bowl of oats. But oatmeal isn’t just for breakfast! Check out this collection of healthy oatmeal recipes to enjoy oats throughout your day.
Oats are gluten-free, contain soluble fiber, and are loaded with vitamins and minerals. The fiber in oatmeal helps you feel full, so it can also help with weight loss.
In 2009, my family started following a traditional foods diet. We made a point to soak, sour, or sprout grains, including oats, to reduce the phytic acid and help with digestibility. While I do still soak steel-cut oats to help them cook faster and make them gut-friendly, I no longer routinely soak rolled oats.
The reason? Oats are among the grains that don’t contain enough phytase to eliminate the phytate. Oatmeal is heat-treated during commercial processing, and the small amount of phytase is rendered inactive. You can read more about this here.
That said, I have a few favorite healthy oatmeal recipes that are improved with soaking. I still soak for taste and add sourdough starter during the soaking process to activate the enzymes. Want to learn more about soaking oats? Check out this video from The Weston A. Price Foundation.
Oatmeal is an excellent item for food storage. I order rolled oats, steel-cut oats, and even quick oats in bulk from Azure Standard. At the time of this writing, rolled or quick oats in 50-pound bags are 62¢ a pound. Steel-cut oats in 25-pound bags are substantially higher at $1.78 per pound. For long-term storage, keep oats in mylar bags with oxygen absorbers tucked into 5-gallon buckets with gamma lids.
35 Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
- Butterscotch Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Spiced Coconut Steel Cut Oats
- Soaked Banana Oatmeal Pancakes in the Blender
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Cinnamon Pecan Cauli Oats
- Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Soaked Apple Spice Oatmeal Bake
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Soaked & Baked Mocha Oatmeal
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Almond Overnight Oats
- Baked Cranberry Oatmeal
Lunch or Dinner Recipes
- Game-Changing Savoury Oatmeal (great non-sweet breakfast option too!)
- Steel-Cut Oat “Risotto” with Butternut Squash and Kale
- Lentil-Chickpea Veggie Burgers
- Kale, Apple & Goat Cheese Salad with Granola “Croutons”
- Chicken Oatmeal
- Mock Chicken Fried Steak (So good! I use this recipe as a guide and make my own soup gravy)
- Oatmeal For Dinner (Savory Steel Cut Oats)
- Savory Turmeric Chickpea Oats (I would sub broth for the plant-based milk)
- Design an Oatmeal Muffins
- Walnut Oatmeal Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Strawberry Oat Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Muffins with Soaked Oats
- Easy No-Bake Granola Bars
- High-Protein Energy Bites
- Triple Coconut Granola
- Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Regina’s Healthy Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Honey, and Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Spiced Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Apple Crisp
More Recipes You Might Like
- 33 Nourishing Oatmeal Recipes (and N’Oatmeal Recipes)
- 35 Delicious Christmas Morning Breakfast Ideas
- Delicious Sunday Supper Ideas
- 20 Egg Dishes Your Whole Family Will Love
- 15 Sweet & Savory Breakfast Casserole Recipes