I have been spending quite a bit of time talking about my 13 Week Menu Plan. While my menu plan only lists dinners we really do eat other meals here too 🙂 I have already done a post on what we do for breakfasts and thought I would also share about lunches.
Just like for breakfasts, I don’t actually plan a lunch menu each week. Instead we have a list of lunches that we try to keep ingredients on hand to prepare. I’ll admit, lunches are often not very exciting but they are usually pretty tasty and easy.
- Sourdough Pancakes, Waffles or Crepes
- Country style breakfast with eggs, hash browns, biscuits
- German Pancake
- Eggs in Marinara over Polenta
- On busy days, something from the weekday list
- Quick and Easy Soup- I try to always have broth on hand so I can quickly put together an Egg Drop or simple vegetable soup.
- Fried Rice or Garlic Rice (made out of leftover rice)
- Open Faced Tuna, Salmon or Sardine melt (fish salad on sourdough topped with cheese and broiled- YUM!)
- Breakfast for Lunch
Sourdough Pockets are also a great make ahead meal and are even quite tasty cold.
- Precooking a roast or chicken for sandwiches also works very good. We love cold roast on sourdough flat bread topped with a yogurt/dill/garlic sauce. Yum! I just make sure all of the ingredients are prepared on Thursday or Friday.
- With warmer weather on the horizon I’m anticipating things like chicken salad, egg salad and salmon salad being wonderful make ahead lunches either on top of prepared greens or a homemade (sourdough) bread product.