This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
I can’t remember the last time I bought salad dressing! This blue cheese salad dressing is so easy and inexpensive to mix up at home. This is a delicious adaptation from a recipe in The Complete Tightwad Gazette (page 231)
This recipes was originally published in February 2012.
Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayo (homemade)
- 1/4 cup cream or buttermilk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or kombucha (omit if using buttermilk)
- 3 tbsp Clabber Cheese* (substitute cottage cheese or sour cream)
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or use 1 to 2 cloves fresh minced garlic to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1+ ounces blue cheese crumbles
Gently combine all ingredients. Place in fridge and allow flavors to meld for an hour to two. Enjoy on salad, as a dip, or with hot wings.
It is so simple to make a tasty and healthy ranch dressing at home! Simply follow the recipe above, but omit the blue cheese crumbles and add 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Main Dish Salad
- 31 Delicious Salad Recipes
- Tomato-y Salad Dressing
- Healthy Picnic Salad
- Cold Brown Rice Salad with Garden Veggies
- Lentil Sprout Salad
- Crunchy Kale and Chicken Salad
Useful Tools for Home Cooking
- 32-ounce Mason Jars
- 3-Compartment Salad Containers for Lunches
- 13-in-1 Vegetable Chopper
- Instant Pot Duo Plus 6-Quart 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- Lodge Cast Iron Enameled Dutch Oven
- 35-Piece Glass Storage Containers
- Crockpot 7-Quart Slow Cooker
- 12-Cup Food Processor and Vegetable Chopper
- Vegetable Spiralizer
- 9-Tray Food Dehydrator