This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
I can’t remember the last time I bought salad dressing! It’s so easy and inexpensive to mix it up at home. This is a delicious adaptation from a recipe in The Complete Tightwad Gazette (page 231)
- 1/2 cup mayo (homemade)
- 1/4 cup cream or buttermilk
- 1 T apple cider vinegar or kombucha (omit is using buttermilk)
- 3 T Clabber Cheese* (substitute cottage cheese or sour cream)
- 1 tsp garlic powder or use 1 or 2 cloves fresh minced garlic to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1+ ounces blue cheese crumbles
Gently combine all ingredients. Place in fridge and allow flavors to meld for an hour to two. Enjoy on salad, as a dip or with hot wings.
- Add 1 tsp dried dill weed
- Omit Blue Cheese Crumbles
Do you have a favorite quick and easy salad dressing?