This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
I can’t remember the last time I bought salad dressing! It’s so easy and inexpensive to mix it up at home. This is a delicious adaptation from a recipe in The Complete Tightwad Gazette (page 231)
- 1/2 cup mayo (homemade)
- 1/4 cup cream or buttermilk
- 1 T apple cider vinegar or kombucha (omit is using buttermilk)
- 3 T Clabber Cheese* (substitute cottage cheese or sour cream)
- 1 tsp garlic powder or use 1 or 2 cloves fresh minced garlic to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1+ ounces blue cheese crumbles
Gently combine all ingredients. Place in fridge and allow flavors to meld for an hour to two. Enjoy on salad, as a dip or with hot wings.
*What is Clabber Cheese? Learn how to make this in the Cultured Dairy and Basic Cheese eCourse from Traditional Cooking School or for a basic description see this post.
- Add 1 tsp dried dill weed
- Omit Blue Cheese Crumbles
Do you have a favorite quick and easy salad dressing?
This is the first time I’ve visited your blog and I’m intrigued. Your articles are interesting, thoughtful, and insightful. I’ll be back!
Hi Jennie and thanks!
I do a second ferment with my milk kefir and garlic. I use that for my base. Yummers!