This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
I love a classic Thanksgiving feast. I have many memories of my mom starting days in advance to make all the family favorites: roast turkey, dressing, homemade rolls, sweet potatoes dripping in tiny marshmallows, and her special cheeseball salad. Oh, mercy. It was all so amazing. I still love the festivity of Thanksgiving but now try to approach the day focusing not only on delicious but also nutritious fare. I’m excited to share a collection of healthy Thanksgiving menu ideas your entire family will love.
Because we all have slightly different tastes, I’ve offered several choices in each category from appetizers to desserts. Pick one, or two, from each to create your perfect menu. I’ve even marked several as budget-friendly for those watching their pennies.
Now, with grown children, Thanksgiving is even more special. A time when we try to all get together (weather and schedules permitting) and enjoy not just the day, but the weekend. As a bonus, I’ve included a few favorite Day After Thanksgiving Brunch dishes so you, too, can keep the festivities going!
Healthy Thanksgiving Menu Ideas
- Pimento Cheese Dip
- Hummus Platter (budget-friendly) and Arabic Meatballs
- Mini Sweet Potato Puffs
- Cheese and Soaked Crackers Tray
Thanksgiving Soups and Salads
- Creamy Instant Pot Sweet Corn Chowder
- Coconut Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Fried Sage Leaves
- Cheeseball Salad Parfait
- Winter Salad
- Creamy Carrot & Apple Soup (budget-friendly)
Thanksgiving Main Dish
- Perfectly Moist Turkey
- Dry Brined Turkey
- Thanksgiving Pot Roast (make your own bouillon cubes)
- No-Fail Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic (budget-friendly and perfect for smaller gatherings)
- Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole (made in the Instant Pot to free up oven space)
- Baked Sweet Potatoes (budget-friendly and so easy to make)
- No-Fail Caulitatoes
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Sourdough Stuffing
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Bacon-y Green Beans & Mushrooms
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Relish
- Swirl Bread
- Sourdough Cornbread (made in the Instant Pot)
- Bacon Buttermilk Cornbread
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Pie
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake
- Instant Pot Chai Spiced Apple Cake
- Baked Apples (budget-friendly)
Day After Thanksgiving Brunch
- Spice Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash
- Creme Brulee French Toast
- Mediterranean Spinach Feta Pie
- Simple Hot Spiced Cider
Looking for unique Thanksgiving Menu Ideas?
Holidays and special occasions don’t have to break the bank. Learn how to make all kinds of delicious, healthy meals from scratch while making the most of your budget! Design a Dish teaches you how to use formulas to make any type of food—from casseroles, soups, salads, crockpot meals, muffins and breads, and so much more.
What are your Thanksgiving menu ideas? Leave a comment below!