This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
I am very excited to be a Host for Simple Lives Thursday! Each week I enjoy reading through all of the wonderful tips, ideas and recipes for simple living. If you are new here, Welcome! And enjoy the Simple Lives Thursday blog hop. This hop is dedicated to simple living. “Consume less, produce more. ” So many topics fit: Gardening, raising animals, cooking from scratch, real food, natural cleaners, sewing, recycling, thrifting, a mindset of simplicity, saving a buck… When you link at this blog your link shows up on each hosts blog! Be sure to link back to one of us (see guideline #2 below), not providing a link back will prevent us from choosing you as a featured blog.
This blog hop is hosted by:
- Diana at My Humble Kitchen
- and me!
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.
Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated!
1. Unique Summer Slaw Recipe With Brussel Sprouts by Wine-Y-Wife. “How would you like this on the side of your plate with any summer meal? It’s quick and easy and amazingly delicious!”
2. Our Solar System by Making Our Life Sustainable. “When we are up on our future homestead, working our bodies to an over-exhausted state, it’s always nice to have a hot shower and an evening television show or two to vegetate over.”
3. Hired Killers: Bugs in Your Garden by Brown Thumb Mama. “And if somebody asks you why you’re a successful gardener, just smile and tell them, “hired killers”. ”
Share Your Simple Lives Thursday Post
Bloggers, make a “Simple Lives Thursday” post on your own blog, then come back here to add your post to the linky box below the featured posts. If you don’t have a picture, feel free to download the Simple Lives Thursday banner (at top of post) and upload it using the script’s prompts (it is easy). Your post will appear on all host blogs!
Non-bloggers, feel free to add a comment here with any ideas or thoughts about simple living.
These are three simple guidelines for participation:
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole — such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policemen! But, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants’ posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
3. No giveaway or otherwise primarily advertising oriented posts. Keep your topics to fit our simple living theme of “consume less, produce more.” We will delete posts that don’t fit.
What will you share this week? We all look forward to your submissions!
Thank you so much for featuring my post about our solar system. This week I added a post about our zucchini squash, a recipe for squash and what to do with too much squash – Zucchini, zucchini, zucchini! Thanks so much for hosting this hop!
Thanks for hosting! 🙂
I’m bummed that my picture didn’t show up on the linkup. Oh well…We enjoyed delicious gluten free waffles with rhubarb sauce and strawberries yesterday for breakfast. I even used the leftover waffles to make a PB&J for lunch.
Let me know if you want me to delete it and you can add it again to try to get the picture to show up. I popped by your blog and they do look yummy!