This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn on qualifying purchases. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
Counting down to the new year? Looking for some fun ideas to celebrate with the family? You’ll love these family-friendly New Year’s Eve ideas!
Avoid the giant parties, long lines, and inflated prices with these New Year’s Eve ideas. Whether inviting over a few friends or just hanging out with the family while ringing in the new year in your pajamas, you can incorporate these New Year’s Eve ideas into just about any party plan.
Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve Ideas
New Year’s Eve Activities
- Have a family game night — some of our favorites are Uno, Phase 10, Rummikub, Ticket to Ride, and Trekking the National Parks.
- Set up an escape room at home.
- Get your craft on! Construct DIY party favors & decor early in the evening to help ring in the new year. Star Crown, Noise Makers, and decor add to the fun.
- Set up a simple photo booth station with a glitter backdrop and simple props. An instant camera (with printing) adds to the fun and memories.
- Have a family movie night. Popcorn and pajamas are always a good idea for movie night. A few of my favorite movies: Happy Feet (animated), Balto (animated), Rudy, and Snowball Express with Dean Jones.
- Make a hot cocoa bar (or this delicious white hot cocoa made in the Instant Pot). Want to really up your hot cocoa game? Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cups are a fun idea!
- Not interested in staying up until midnight? Have a Noon Year’s Eve Party Instead! Great fun for kids of all ages.
- End the year and ring in the new with a grateful heart. With Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you are a new creation in Him!
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17
New Year’s Eve Food Ideas
- Sourdough Savory Buns
- Pimento Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
- Veggie Tray with Ranch Dressing
- Black Bean Spread on Flatbread
- Homemade Pizzas
- Super Simple Pork Chop, Sweet Potato, and Apple Skillet
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Taco Soup
- Beef and Bean Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Regina’s Healthy Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
- Homemade Cracker Jacks
- Cheeseball Salad Parfait
- Spicy Old-Fashioned Gingerbread
- Allergy-Friendly Apple Cranberry Crisp (made in the Instant Pot)